A fire at one of Bangkok's top nightclubs, the Santika nightclub, broke out last night and killed 58 people celebrating the New Year (Reuters, 2008).
Firefighters rescue people from the gruesome fire accident in Bangkok.
Other 100 people were injured, including local people and foreigners. It was believed that the fire was caused by fireworks used as part of a performance. In contrast, the fireworks produced sparks that caused a large destructive fire.
It seemed that the end of 2008 left Thai people and the victims in tears. Wish this accident would never happen again.